Entertainment

/

ArcaMax

Andrew Windsor slated by Virginia Giuffre's family after arrest on his 66th birthday

Bang Showbiz on

Published in Entertainment News

Andrew Windsor has been slammed as "never a prince" by Virginia Giuffre's family.

The ex-Prince and former Duke of York had his royal titles stripped from him in October by King Charles, and was arrested on Thursday (19.02.26) morning by police on suspicion of misconduct in public office - which carries a maximum sentence of life in jail.

It came after a string of revelations about his conduct in the huge tranche of files released at the end of January by the U.S. Department of Justice on Windsor's late paedophile friend Jeffrey Epstein - and following accusations from the abuser's sex trafficking victim Virginia Giuffre the ex-royal bedded her when she was a teenager.

Her family broke their silence on Windsor's arrest hours after news broke he had been seized by police.

Virginia's siblings Sky and Amanda Roberts and Danny and Lanette Wilson told Page Six: "At last, today, our broken hearts have been lifted at the news that no one is above the law, not even royalty.

"On behalf of our sister, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, we extend our gratitude to the UK's Thames Valley Police for their investigation, and the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.

"He was never a prince. For survivors everywhere, Virginia did this for you."

Virginia became one of the most prominent accusers in the Jeffrey Epstein scandal after claiming she was trafficked to have sex with Windsor three times - the first when she was just 17 years old.

She took her life aged 41 last year following the publication of her memoir.

Meanwhile, King Charles, 77, has declared the "law must take its course" following Windsor's arrest.

 

He issued a statement after his brother was arrested at his Sandringham home.

In a statement released from Buckingham Palace, the King said: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.

"What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

"Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

"As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all."

Andrew was arrested by Thames Valley Police on his 66th birthday - with unmarked cars pictured outside his home of Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate - where he has lived since his eviction from Royal Lodge in Windsor earlier this year.

A statement from Thames Valley Police read: "As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

"The man remains in police custody at this time.

"We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court."


 

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus